I have a clay question. I have clay in my classroom that was bricks when I got here six years ago, and that I have recently been reclaiming. I seems to be molding very quickly. I may be mixing different kinds of clay together too.
It smells really bad, and I have been telling the kids that the clay is old, and could be moldy and that is why it stinks. They are just grateful to get to use it, and have not been complaining, but I am also not requiring them to use it, either.
Is there a way to kill the mold? It does not seem to be just on the surface, but going through the clay. That is unless I have a grey clay mixed with the other, but the grey parts of the clay stinks worse than the rest.
Am I in big danger of making us all sick?
I don't have money to buy new clay.
Thanks for your help.
Visual Art Department
Seaford Senior High School
(302) 629-4587 ex. 248
Department Web Site