Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: April 02, 2011

---------

From: Ann Parker (artfulann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2011 - 13:51:58 PDT

Discipline:
What a big topic. And so needed. I teach in an inner city middle school where art is considered a "second class citizen". All the "core content" areas regularly meet and have meaningful discipline discussions. But electives aren't included regularly.

What I generally think however when I encounter a discipline situation is that:
1. I'm probably not the only teacher experiencing problems
2. How to get included in the discussion of these problems

So I am proactive in that I email the other teachers that I am having problems and are they? Generally I get a response and I move forward with the joint discussion.