Re: [teacherartexchange] How to display/protect really big charcoal drawing?

---------

From: Laura Drietz (laura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2011 - 09:39:37 PDT

You could mount it on foam core or heavy cardboard, and use the shrinking
window film (meant for patio doors, windows, etc) that shrinks when you use
a hair dryer on it. I've used this on a few large projects, and it seems to
hold up pretty well, and it's very inexpensive. You can put hangers or
whatever on the back of the cardboard too. If you want it more permanent,
you could put the drawings with paneling or something as a more durable
backing. I've also used rolled clear vinyl to cover pictures...bought in a
fabric place (the vinyl to use as a table cover or make book covers with).
That can be bought by the yard, but is much more expensive then the window
film.

---Laura Drietz