[teacherartexchange] How to display/protect really big charcoal drawing?

---------

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2011 - 08:41:30 PDT

After seeing a Chuck Close exhibit last fall, one of my Advanced Art
students created a really large triple portrait in charcoal. He put
pieces of paper together so that there are two major sections, each 4
ft wide by approx 6 ft tall. The finished piece will measure 8 ft
wide by 6 ft tall.

We've priced Plexiglas as a covering but unless the student wants to
purchase it, it's not an option for me to buy (1/16" is about $100/4x8
sheet--and we'd need 2 sheets).

Any creative display ideas out there?

Thanks!