[teacherartexchange] new art posted

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 18 2010 - 19:33:37 PDT

Hi Everyone
  I posted 5 new pieces of my students' work on my flickr account. This was an experiment combining a few ideas. I showed a Power Point on Georgia O'Keefe. Then I set up a still life on each table with animal skulls and shells. Then I had them make 2 drawings emphasizing values. Then they learned watercolor techniques. They did preliminary sketches based on reference materials on landscapes/cityscapes. They they did the landscapes in watercolor. They then combined their drawings with their watercolors a la O'Keefe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31239756@N04/?saved=1

San D