Re:[teacherartexchange] Call for Ideas and new question

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2010 - 19:59:26 PDT

You said you have 4 spools, you need to find out how much wire is on each spool and then divide it by your number of students so you can estimate how much every kid can have. Making stuff out of wire uses so much more wire than you think. After you figure out how much each kid gets, cut off that amount and see what you can make with it--then make your assignment.

My new question is I have about 4 spools of 18 gauge wire that I bought several years ago for the purpose of doing wire sculpture. So I would like to use that but I just don't know how to begin a project like this. If you have done wire sculpture before please tell my how you begin your sculpture. The web sites I have found online seem to be pretty vague on the mechanic of this type of project. So if you know of any .html