Re:[teacherartexchange] software recommendations

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2010 - 06:52:28 PDT

I own an iMac, and it has a nifty bit of software called iDVD which gives you exactly what you are looking for. It lets you set up a turn the page look, and even gives you a leather book cover for an opening. You can add music, video and stills. I like to use the "Ken Burns" effect on stills for added impact. Another feature on an iMac is iPhoto, which has software to build an electronic book, which has separate pages that you can drag and drop pictures into. It also allows you to order an actual hardcover book from your compilations. Another stand alone software is iMovie, which is more sophisticated and gives you really precise control over inserts and music editing. I have done several of these DVD projects using iMovie, my latest being my class reunion made from photos contributed by classmates and my own pictures. I intend on using this to compile a DVD of art projects I have developed over the years, in lieu of writing a book.