[teacherartexchange] dear digest..

---------

From: Casey McCullough (cmccullough_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2010 - 07:02:00 PDT

dear digest..
lets say you have a class for next year that you have for an hour MWF and then another section that meets TR, for a full year. You have about 12 students. half your class will be in that class for an hour, the full class period. The other half of your class will only be present for a half hour because they are getting reading interventions. i need some problem solving suggestions. besides size of projects and maybe cutting down some requirements, how do i organize the curriculum so those who are in class for the entirety are engaged without feeling like they are being "punished" and have to do extra work and keep those only getting half the time dont feel cheated or rushed or overwhelmed? anyone have experience with this? im brainstorming some differentiation options. what about good early finisher projects that work? any ideas? feel free to email me direct if you want. thanks-casey