[teacherartexchange] spam

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2010 - 04:30:45 PDT

Hi Everyone
  I just got spam from something that looks a lot like this listserve. Just a heads up.

  Also, just a spring message for all. Spring is a time of optimism and rebirth, let us all steel ourselves against tight financial budgets with a positive outlook for our art departments and our students. We do make a difference, all of us. Our Governor in New Jersey has taken it upon himself to crusade against teachers. We have nothing to be ashamed of. He has put local school districts in the position of having to make drastic cuts in order to save New Jersey financially. The burden no doubt will not be shared equally. To my New Jersey art teacher colleagues I say be prepared to accept more students in your classrooms as your enrollments go up, be prepared to fight to maintain your art departments intact, and most importantly be prepared to give your students the best art education experience they ever had under the circumstances. Students should not lose out when the adults make politically expediant decisions. Some of us in New Jersey are just hoping we have jobs in the fall. Others of us are watching as our pension benefits have been cut,and our salaries frozen. It's a sign of the times.

  Here's hoping for a sweet and peaceful spring.

  San D