RE:[teacherartexchange] fun, cheerful paintings + 4 yr olds

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 30 2009 - 07:07:20 PDT

What is the artist's name?

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:49 AM
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Subject: Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: April 29,
2009

Hi, everyone. This is such a fabulous listserv. I enjoy reading about
all the projects and creative ideas from this talented group.

I thought I would throw out this question. If anyone has any ideas,
please let me know.

I am teaching a class to 4-year-old kids (some 5's, too). We are
learning about a very fun artist who paints paintings of buildings and
people in ancient towns. The colors that he uses re beige against bright
turquoise, fuschia, yellow etc. The people look like little dolls. What
is charming about the paintings is that they also include bubbles
floating throughout the scene. So, the pantings are bright fun,
cheerful. What 4 year old does not love bubbles?
I am trying to think of a great project to go along with this. I at he
kids to feel success ad want the project t be "theirs" and unique to
each student.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
-Lauren