Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: April 29, 2009

---------

laurenrperlman_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Apr 30 2009 - 06:48:53 PDT

Hi, everyone. This is such a fabulous listserv. I enjoy reading about all the projects and creative ideas from this talented group.

I thought I would throw out this question. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I am teaching a class to 4-year-old kids (some 5's, too). We are learning about a very fun artist who paints paintings of buildings and people in ancient towns. The colors that he uses re beige against bright turquoise, fuschia, yellow etc. The people look like little dolls. What is charming about the paintings is that they also include bubbles floating throughout the scene. So, the pantings are bright fun, cheerful. What 4 year old does not love bubbles?
I am trying to think of a great project to go along with this. I at he kids to feel success ad want the project t be "theirs" and unique to each student.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
-Lauren
Skokie, IL