[teacherartexchange] NAEA conference

---------

From: jeryl HOLLINGSWORTH (hollingsworth005_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 26 2009 - 19:54:58 PDT

Cindy,
  I would like a photo of the sculpture in the Target building. It was nice seeing you face to face! I never got to Target. We stayed at the Comfort Suites (Formerly the Embassy Suites) which was a bit of hike and it seemed like we were always rushing to and fro. I really enjoyed the conference and came back with some great thoughts. I changed my curriculum for 6th grade for the rest of the year on a whim- saw several presentations about using pre-service art students to create puppet shows which they presented to schools. On my flights home which took FOREVER! I decided to have my 6th graders do a puppet show for the younger students to present on our Arts Explorations Day. They have 4 weeks to do it(we meet once a week) They are doing their puppets, script, background,etc. They actually seem really excited about the project and a little anxious because I'm leaving it pretty open for them to make decisions.
   I want to put all my ideas and thoughts from the conference together before I loose it all but I'm putting all my son's journal entries and photos on a journaling site as he his thru hiking the Appalachian Trail and I got behind while in MPLS. Maybe by June I'll be caught up!
    I enjoyed meeting some of you- wish we had more time to just chat. I felt really rushed after my presentation. Some of us suggested more of a break between sessions so people could ask questions, share ideas, etc.( go to the bathroom or eat!!!!)
            Jeryl back in S.C. no I wasn't close to the fires-