[teacherartexchange] Quick Earth Day Lesson Plan

---------

From: Mary Rubin (maryarubin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 20 2009 - 21:07:14 PDT

A wonderful project for Earth Day is the FUNDRED DOLLAR BILL PROJECT that
can presented as an abbreviated 30 - 50 minute lesson plan to a more in
depth exploration of this art/science project. It is directed by conceptual
artist Mel Chin is national art project where students are making "FUNDRED
DOLLAR BILL" artworks to raise awareness for a solution to lead contaminated
soils in New Orleans. More information about the project is on the website
fundred.org. The template can be downloaded and copied in color for your
students to personalize. Lesson plans and other resources are available on
the website that are tied to some of the state standards. Studio 360 ran a
piece on the project http://www.studio360.org:80/episodes/2009/03/13 and CNN
just came out with a short on it too:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/04/17/gsif.fundred.dollar.bills.cnn