[teacherartexchange] Wonderful online resource www.ted.com

---------

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 16 2009 - 19:15:38 PDT

I JUST learned about www.TED.com last night from a
friend/artist/college art professor.

What is TED? Here's what it says on the website:

"TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It started out (in
1984) as a conference bringing together people from those three
worlds. Since then its scope has become ever broader.

The annual conference now brings together the world's most fascinating
thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives
(in 18 minutes).

Our mission: Spreading ideas.

We believe passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes,
lives and ultimately, the world. So we're building here a
clearinghouse that offers free knowledge and inspiration from the
world's most inspired thinkers, and also a community of curious souls
to engage with ideas and each other."

I found these two talks (so far) to be especially pertinent for art
teachers and others who are creative or who seek to inspire
creativity:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

--