Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] summer workshopes

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 16 2009 - 05:52:48 PDT

Search for a workshop done by Barbara Gonzales, grand daughter of
Maria Martinez.
I took one from Barbara years ago, it was excellent and just what you
are looking for.
She might still be doing workshops. Also search for a workshop by
Jody Fowell.
Either Jody or the daughter Susan would do a wonderful job if they
are doing
workshops. Here is one taught in Taos:
I don't know the artist but it looks interesting.
Just Google "pueblo pottery workshops"
                                Good Luck, Woody

On Apr 16, 2009, at 5:58 AM, Gwen Copeland wrote:

> I am hopeing you all might help me: I'm looking for a summer
> workshop where I might be able to learn the more traditional
> methods of working with clay. I'm thinking more specifically of the
> southwest potters that dig & mix clay locally, low fire in the open
> "dung heap", make colored slips with yucca brushes, etc. Maria
> Martinez style. If you have any experience with this or know of any
> reputable workshops going on this summer, I'd really like to hear
> about them.
> Thanks,
> Gwen from TN

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque