RE: [teacherartexchange] Korean Mothers vs American mothers

---------

From: LetsartAndy (letsart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 14 2009 - 22:54:23 PDT

Dear Woody,

Thank you for your thoughtful and rich experience for my question.
Indeed I agree with you in how children think in their behavier and thinking process as their different cultural background as well as language.

It is very resourceful. I am not trying to make a stereotype of western and eastern. What I am interested and
trying to let Korean mothers and teacher is basically how to nurture creative children.

You see many Korean mothers are strong driven in their children's education. That's perhaps good part of
them. However, sometime mothers decide short cuts, easy way to become success(?). They make all the plan for
their children's educational plan from toddlers to high school. They exactly planned daily schedule as well.
Most of Korean children and youth have no time playing. The plan is tight and accurate in their own rights but I feel that majority of mothers get false information which not match quite well for their own unique individualities.

That's why I wanna make some argument case to think about for Korean parenets and teachers.

Thank you so much for your support and if you may allow me I would like to keep ask you some your experience.

Sincerely yours,

Andy Lee from Korea.