Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: April 12, 2009

---------

From: Leslie Rosenberg (leslie.rosenberg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 13 2009 - 06:52:25 PDT

Earth Day Projects:
Our school has gotten involved in the FUNDRED DOLLAR BILL PROJECT, a
collaborative art project directed by contemporary artist Mel Chin.
Students draw hundred dollar bills from a template. These bills get
picked up at a collection site in your area and sent to Washington in
a vegetable-oil fueled armored truck. The three hundred million
dollars is hoped to be exchanged for equivalent services and research
to help eliminate the lead poisoning in the ground in New Orleans. It
is a really worth-while project and very pertinent to Earth Day.

Check out www.fundred.org to get involved, get a lesson plan, and
print out a fundred.

Leslie Rosenberg
www.summitschool.org