Re: [teacherartexchange] High school and elementary ceramic lessons

---------

From: trish ackerman (dacke8175_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 12 2009 - 21:32:49 PDT

I teach middle school and as far as slab projects go, I make a triangular slab vase using tar paper (from a roof-donated) as patterns to make the vase. They only need to make a base and add a coil on the inside seam. Then they decorate with applique letters, shapes, ipods, whatever. The high school goes a step further and does slab bird houses in our district, so I feel my vase is practice for that. They really like making them. It helps to demo the whole procedure before they make them.

Trish Ackerman
http://artisticjourneys-trish.blogspot.com/
http://pckcsartclass.blogspot.com/
 Core Knowledge Charter School Middle School Art,Parker, Colorado