[teacherartexchange] middle schoolers and art appreciation

---------

IMaginniss_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Apr 11 2009 - 18:51:21 PDT

When I read Betty's response (below) and providing opportunities to visit
production studios, I was reminded of the Chihuly DVD's. They are awesome
and kids cannot keep their eyes off of the whole orchestrated processes
related to glass blowing. (I never tire of watching them myself) I just
discovered Chihuly in the Hotshop (2007)and it's top notch. So for the classes
that can't do field trips to Tacoma (!) or anywhere for that matter, it can
provide a very good watching/listening experience. My 7th graders in
general art loved them.
Thanks to everyone posting and sharing.
Renee