[teacherartexchange] Korean Mothers vs American mothers

---------

From: (letsart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 11 2009 - 09:18:39 PDT

Dear Friends,

I need some help, idea, oppinion, experience and any help for me to write a small book about "How parents and teachers encourage children's creativity".
My book will something that what are some good experience and examples thjat you might had before.

I am a Korean art teacher and currently teaching Korean children age 7 to 13. But I have found quite confusing and difficulty of Korean mothers and teachers specially mothers.
Most of Korean young mothers are quite focused and strongly driven for their will for children's education. They so think they are Alpha Mom.
As you perhaps have heard that Korean are very competitive in education but they are very competitive and strict.

I am trying to write all mothers are same that they love their children dealy. But I see quite alot of difference in their education for creative environment.
I am trying to make some argument and points that Korean and american mothers nurture and teach their children in different way. There are good parts of Korean mothers's side
but also I want them to know how good american mothers and teachers lead their children in creative education.

If you wouldn't mind would you please share some your experience and stories or information about good part of American teachers and mothers?
I have studied in the states for 8 years and taught there for about few years. I have had greatest time ever while I was there. All my professors were great and they were like my father and mother.
I saw so many wonderful things in public and private education as an art major. I would like to introduce these good things...to Korean mothers and teachers.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories or experience with me. You can email me seperately or you can bring free discussion.

I am looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thakn you so much.

Sincerely yours,

Andy Lee from Korea