Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] More on Fritz Scholder - Indian/Not Indian Exhibit

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 10:33:23 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I forgot to add my usual web search....

Here is more on Fritz Scholder. I used his work as inspiration for
third grade paintings many years ago. They LOVED it that their work
was much like a real artist. The colors were fantastic. The students
painted dancing Kachinas (right or wrong -- that is what we painted).

Fritz Scholder's own site is still online:

Great images is Google image search:

Biographical information:
(lists sources)

More from Artcyclopedia

Judy Decker

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Judy Decker wrote:
> Greetings Art Educators,
> Every once in a while I like to check in on artcyclopedia to see what
> news John Malyon is reporting. Here is the link to an article about
> the work of Fritz Scholder (1/4 Native American). I have always liked
> his work:
> Fritz Scholder: Indian/Not Indian
> The National Museum of the American Indian: New York City / Washington, D.C.
> By K. Kimberly King
> Web Exhibit:
> Fritz Scholder: Indian/Not Indian
> Teaching resources available on the site.
> The exhibitions remain on view through May 17, 2009, in New York and
> Aug. 16, 2009, in Washington.
> There is also an exhibit at Santa Fe's Institute of American Indian
> Arts through June 7, 2009, Fritz Scholder: An Intimate Look.
> Not much on the site, though
> Enjoy,
> Judy Decker
> Note: Getty members - if you post a reply, remember to remove my email
> address (and all member email addresses) from your post. Digest users,
> remember to remove the entire digest when you post (just include a
> short "blurb" about what you are replying to). These measures will cut
> down the amount of spam we receive. Look at what you are posting
> before you click "send". Thanks.

To unsubscribe go to