Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Fritz Scholder - Indian/Not Indian Exhibit

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 08:29:17 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Every once in a while I like to check in on artcyclopedia to see what
news John Malyon is reporting. Here is the link to an article about
the work of Fritz Scholder (1/4 Native American). I have always liked
his work:
Fritz Scholder: Indian/Not Indian
The National Museum of the American Indian: New York City / Washington, D.C.
By K. Kimberly King

Web Exhibit:
Fritz Scholder: Indian/Not Indian
Teaching resources available on the site.
The exhibitions remain on view through May 17, 2009, in New York and
Aug. 16, 2009, in Washington.

There is also an exhibit at Santa Fe's Institute of American Indian
Arts through June 7, 2009, Fritz Scholder: An Intimate Look.
Not much on the site, though

Judy Decker

Note: Getty members - if you post a reply, remember to remove my email
address (and all member email addresses) from your post. Digest users,
remember to remove the entire digest when you post (just include a
short "blurb" about what you are replying to). These measures will cut
down the amount of spam we receive. Look at what you are posting
before you click "send". Thanks.

To unsubscribe go to