Re: [teacherartexchange] middle schoolers

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 15:47:00 PDT

I have taught art history to urban High School students and I thoroughly believe that they
needed to do to get into the art history. I would start out with elements and principles
projects to be sure they understand them, go to a scavenger hunt and have them write clues
for the next group. (Make it a game) My students really needed to be involved before it
interested them. I think for the first month or so of class the students actually thought I was
making the history of art up!

Good luck, hope that gives you some ideas.

Gabrielle Bliss
Visual Arts
Thomas Edison High School
700 22nd Ave NE