[teacherartexchange] Woody Teaching Again

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 18:27:38 PDT

Woody Teaching Again - but just a couple of days:

We just got back from a short week visiting our fantastic triplet
grandkids, back in Kansas. While I was there -
I taught art classes to three fourth grade classes. Tim, Tess and
Tiffanie are each in a different fourth grade
class so I taught the two day lesson three times. They have a great
school and very good teachers - but this
rural school in Eastern Kansas does not have art. Perhaps my visit,
exposing them to what they are missing
will help bring change. On the second day of the lesson a reporter
from the local paper visited the morning
class. The article, with photos I hope, will be run this week.
           On the first day I showed, each class, a quick powerpoint
of mountains before we started. On Friday
the students tore various types of white paper to create a collage of
overlapping mountains.
CLICK HERE to see them working: http://www.taospaint.com/
TearingMountains/Day1.html
Then on Monday we used watercolor with wet-in-wet techniques to paint
our mountains.
CLICK HERE to see the fourth grade paintings:
http://www.taospaint.com/TearingMountains/WatercolorMountains.html
I really enjoyed the chance to teach again. The fifth grade teachers
want to know if I'll come back next
year to teach art again.
                                                                        Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque