Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: March 31, 2009

---------

From: Corinne Varon (CVaron_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 01 2009 - 08:21:41 PDT

Hi, Here is some stuff I had downloaded in the past to help me understand Bloom. Hope it helps! Sorry for the size but that is how it came :) Good Luck!

Corinne
Corinne Varon-Green, Ed.D.
Amigos School, Teacher Grade 2 English
Cambridge Public Schools

Remembering

    X Recognizing
    X Listing
    X Describing
    X Identifying
      X Retrieving X
    X Naming X
    X Locating X
    X Finding X

Can you recall information?

Understanding

    X Interpreting X
    X Exemplifying X
    X Summarising X
    X Inferring X
    X Paraphrasing X
    X Classifying X
    X Comparing X
    X Explaining X

Can you explain ideas or concepts?
Applying

    X Implementing X
    X Carrying out X
    X Using X
    X Executing X

Can you use the information in another familiar situation?
Analysing

    X Comparing X
    X Organizing X
    X Deconstructing X
    X Attributing X
    X Outlining X
    X Finding X
    X Structuring X
    X Integrating X

Can you break information into parts to explore understandings and relationships?
Evaluating

    X Checking X
    X Hypothesizing X
    X Critiquing X
    X Experimenting X
    X Judging
      X Testing X
    X Detecting X
    X Monitoring X

Can you justify a decision or course of action?
Creating

    X Designing X
    X Con X structing X
    X Planning X
    X Producing X
    X Inventing X
    X Devising X
    X Making X

Blooms Revised Taxonomy Planning Framework

        Higher-order thinking Actions Products Learning Activities Creating

(Putting together ideas or elements to develop an original idea or engage in creative thinking).
        Designing
Constructing
Planning
Producing
Inventing
Devising
Making
        Film
Story
Project
Plan
New game
Song
Media product
Painting Evaluating

(Judging the value of ideas, materials and methods by developing and applying standards and criteria).
        Checking
Hypothesizing
Critiquing
Experimenting
Judging
Testing
Detecting
Monitoring
        Debate
Panel
Report
Evaluation
Investigation
Verdict
Conclusion
Persuasive speech Analysing

(Breaking information down into its component elements).
        Comparing
Organizing
Deconstructing
Attributing
Outlining
Structuring
Integrating
        Survey
Database
Mobile
Abstract
Report
Graph
Spreadsheet
Checklist
Chart
Outline Lower-order thinking Applying

(Using strategies, concepts, principles and theories in new situations).
        Implementing
Carrying out
Using
Executing
        Illustration
Simulation
Sculpture
Demonstration
Presentation
Interview
Performance
Diary
Journal Understanding

(Understanding of given information).
        Interpreting
Exemplifying
Summarising
Inferring
Paraphrasing
Classifying
Comparing
Explaining
        Recitation
Summary
Collection
Explanation
Show and tell
Example
Quiz
List
Label
Outline Remembering

(Recall or recognition of specific information).
        Recognizing
Listing
Describing
Identifying
Retrieving
Naming
Locating
Finding
        Quiz
Definition
Fact
Worksheet
Test
Label
List
Workbook
Reproduction BLOOMS REVISED TAXONOMY

Creating
Generating new ideas, products, or ways of viewing things
Designing, constructing, planning, producing, inventing.

Evaluating
Justifying a decision or course of action
Checking, hypothesizing, critiquing, experimenting, judging

Analysing
Breaking information into parts to explore understandings and relationships
Comparing, organizing, deconstructing, interrogating, finding

Applying
Using information in another familiar situation
Implementing, carrying out, using, executing

Understanding
Explaining ideas or concepts
Interpreting, summarising, paraphrasing, classifying, explaining

Remembering
Recalling information
Recognizing, listing, describing, retrieving, naming, finding