I am writing to get your knowledge on clay dust, glaze, and firing
I have a bunch of clay pieces that I need to fire next week and I
recently found out I have a bun in my oven.
I researched on line and found that I should not be around when firing.
Should I be concerned about the fumes, the glaze and the clay dust?
The glaze I use is non toxic Amaco brand ( I know it is lead free, Is
there other chemicals I need to be concerned about?)
Will firing the kiln over night be all right or will the fumes linger
in the AM as I unload the kiln? I do have a ventilation system, I
assume it works properly and I have a great cross breeze when I open
the door to the outside.
This is my first child, and one we have been trying to have of over 2
years, I don't not want to put my self or the baby at risk.
I don't want to not fire the pieces and let the kids down either.
Any advice is much appreciated.