Re: [teacherartexchange] painting a backdrop

---------

From: Camille Martin (millacam_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 07:27:00 PDT

I would stay away from oils and use acrylics, applying and water down the
gesso. You would need to use stretchers to stretch out the fabric, I have
used bed sheets.
For transfering an image, I have drawn on an overhead plastic sheet and
projectered the image on the fabric with the overhead projector. You then
draw the image on the fabric and then apply paint.
Hope that helps you.