Re: [teacherartexchange] clay

---------

From: trish ackerman (dacke8175_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 21:25:29 PDT

The way I use the wheel with my 7th and 8th grades,
(we only have 2 wheels) is to assign a long project
that will take 2-3 weeks and have the kids rotate for
25 minutes each on the wheel. I can get 4 kids each
one hour class period. This still leaves time for
cleanup. If I want to have some instruction at the
beginning of the class. I cross off the first half of
the class for signups.
  This seems to work well. If the students dont work
independently and hover around the wheel, they lose
their spot to work next on the wheel and have to wait
until the end. I usually get 2 rotations per student
and another time to finish the bottom of their pots.

Trish Ackerman
Core Knowledge Charter School
Middle School Art,Parker, Colorado