Re: [teacherartexchange] where is everybody?Need your input!!!

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 16:04:45 PDT

I went to:
http://www.meetthemasters.com/homeschool/gallery.html
and looked at samples of children's art from the program.
It did not appear to be copying the artists work but rather
learning about their style and approach. It would appear
to be a harmless supplement to any elementary art
program. I'd think it would be unnecessary to purchase
it since any good art teacher introduces various artists
styles anyway.
                                        Woody

On Apr 26, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Arpi Krikorian wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I sent an e-mail a few days ago asking if anyone knew about the
> Meet the
> Masters program and I haven't received any replies from any of you.
> I am
> attaching a copy of my e-mail below. I would really appreciate your
> feedback.
>
> Have any of you heard of the art lesson program called "Meet the
> Masters"?
> Many K-12 schools in Pasadena use this program. It introduces
> children to
> different masters (Van Gogh, Pollock, Picasso, etc...) and has them
> paint or
> do projects in the style of that artist. With everything I'm
> reading saying
> don't let children copy other artists' work; I'd like some feedback
> for
> programs such as these. Are they really assisting children in
> finding their
> own style and expression? Is this a good way to enrich the art
> education in
> schools? My daughter's school wants to incorporate this program
> next year
> and I don't feel quite right about it. Any ideas?
>
> Arpi Krikorian
> Harlequin Art School
> Sierra Madre, CA
>

> ---