RE: [teacherartexchange] ToonBoom

---------

From: Arpi Krikorian (arpi71_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2008 - 14:14:14 PDT

Have any of you heard of the art lesson program called "Meet the Masters"?
Many K-12 schools in Pasadena use this program. It introduces children to
different masters (Van Gogh, Pollock, Picasso, etc...) and has them paint or
do projects in the style of that artist. With everything I'm reading saying
don't let children copy other artists' work, I'd like some feedback for
programs such as these. Are they really assisting children in finding their
own style and expression? Is this a good way to enrich the art education in
schools? My daughter's school wants to incorporate this program next year
and I don't feel quite right about it. Any ideas?
Arpi Krikorian
Harlequin Art School
Sierra Madre, CA