[teacherartexchange] Left/Right Brain Animation :-)

---------

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 14:11:41 PDT

We've had SO much fun with this! One of my students sent it to me this
weekend and I've shared it on a couple of (non art-ed) message boards where
it's amused and frustrated people from coast to coast, in Canada, Australia
and Bavaria. ;-)

It's an animation of a dancer spinning in a circle. Some people immediately
see it turning in a clockwise direction, others see it spinning counter
clockwise.

When I was just here by myself, I thought the animation was rigged, but it
really IS a matter of how your brain perceives it. Today I was getting kids
to look at it two at a time. One would inevitably swear it was turning
clockwise while the other would swear it was moving counter clockwise--then
suddenly they'd say it had changed on them. It's easiest for me to see it
moving clockwise, but I've watched it enough that I can "make" it change
direction about every 2-3 rotations.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22535838-5012895,00.html