RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: April 01, 2008

---------

From: robin phillips (robinmcp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 12:48:37 PDT

Hi All,

I am currently working on a clay project with 5th graders. Each student was assigned a chapter form the book Sign of the Beaver. Each student is creating a scene from their chapter in relief. When finished, the kids will vote on the one that represents the chapter the best and those tiles will become part of a permanent piece - kind of like a storyboard in clay. So far, all is going well and the pieces look great. My question: do you think I should limit colors of glaze to create a unified piece? Perhaps use a wash or ????? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance! I can always count on this list !

Robin in PA