RE: [teacherartexchange] recycling clay

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 12:24:58 PDT

With regard to your Active Board, get a can of compressed air to clean out your pen trays and change the filters regularly on
the projector. They are tougher than we think.

I have a mop and bucket and have each table mop their table after every class period--it really cuts the dust and does
a quick job of cleaning without wasting trees worth of paper towells.

I don't have much storage so I just have a community 5 gal bucket of clay (or 2) where everyone gets their clay and returns
it at the end of the hour. I also have a dry clay recycle bucket where they put dried and broken and rejected work. When it
gets full I just fill it to the top with water and wait for about 20 min. Then I push it all down fairly evenly under the water and
scoop out the water with a cup. Then I leave it uncovered for about 3 days and then the kids dip it out and work it up themselves.
No one ever likes to do the recycled clay, but if it's all they have then they will....I do have large wedging tables that the janitors build for me.