[teacherartexchange] TICA

---------

From: Lucinda Shinn (lshinn38_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 08:36:26 PDT

Sorry, I deleted your questions about TICA. I spent the 2nd week at TICA. I learned so much, and it was really fun. The second week, they have a studio and a model, so you can paint...but I acted like a tourist. They kept us busy the first week, but enjoyable. I had never been to Chicago so the second week instead of painting, I took my sketch book and pencils and visited the aquarium, Natural History Museum, and Navy Pier. Downtown Chicago is safe during the day, but at night we went in groups. It's probably safe at night, but I'm from a small town in Oklahoma, so I played it safe.
   The school said if the paints didn't get dry to put our address on them and they would mail them to us. Mine were dry enough that I rolled them very carefully and sent them home. There is a FedEx just down the street from the dorm.
   I do remember that the beds are hard, and the rooms cold. Sears is close to the dorm, so I bought the cheapest foam pad and blanket I could find. Had to leave the pad, but it was worth it (I'm getting old)
 You get a free pass to the the art museum while you are there. I spent all of my lunch hours there.
   Your room has a kitchen, and there is a grocery story close by.
 If you have any more questions, just let me know. I loved it. Lucinda