RE: [teacherartexchange] dioramas and real scenes (miniaturizing scenes in photoshop)

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 06:18:58 PDT

Those are great - thanks for sharing -
Ellen

-----Original Message-----
From: Rebecca Burch [mailto:mamallama@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 9:06 AM
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Subject: re: [teacherartexchange] dioramas and real scenes
(miniaturizing scenes in photoshop)

That's really cool!

I've actually been experimenting with miniaturizing scenes in digital
photography. It's a neat trick, and is actually really easy if you
have photoshop.

Here is the cathedral beside our school:
http://mamallama.smugmug.com/photos/212019865_KLTiY-L.jpg
http://mamallama.smugmug.com/photos/212019914_F8iAR-L.jpg

And the Guggenheim:
http://mamallama.smugmug.com/photos/222479120_8HGKL-L.jpg

And even Nashville:
http://mamallama.smugmug.com/photos/211548156_E65UE-L.jpg
http://mamallama.smugmug.com/photos/211506831_quHXj-L.jpg

I was actually going to teach this next week, but the camera got
dropped (GAH!!!) and it will be about 4-6 weeks to get it back. So,
maybe next year. But I have info if anyone wants to know how to
achieve this effect. It would be a really fun experiment in
depth-of-field for middle or high school students.

Rebecca,
Charleston wv

--
Carpe You Some Diem!