RE: [teacherartexchange] selling student artwork

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2008 - 12:57:29 PDT

I just finished my first big art show! It was fantastic. I matted and
shrink wrapped a piece of artwork for every student in which only their
family could purchase for a suggested donation price. The artwork had
an artist's statement with their picture next to it. It was so great to
see pictures and handwriting of kindergarteners next to their incredible
artwork. I also had a silent auction of about 40 more pieces of work
that didn't have names or artist's statements next to them. I served
sparkling cider in plastic wine glasses and dessert plates with fruit,
cheese and a chocolate dipped strawberries. I had the drama, dance,
music, and orchestra teachers help with an outdoor stage that had the
best of our fine arts students performing. We picked the best from a
recent talent show. The evening went over very well. I will send a
link when I get the pictures up on our school website.

Thank you to all of you. I have used so many of your ideas this year.
I am very thankful to be a part of this kind of group.

Here's the link to the article in the paper:
http://www.turlockjournal.com/main.asp?SectionID=20&SubSectionID=7&Artic
leID=1586

Cheri Lloyd
K-8 Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor
3435 Don Pedro Road
Ceres, CA 95307
209.556.1610