Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Art and War

From: Dana Paternoster (thenatureofart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 17:09:05 PDT

After reading these last posts, I am not even sure I want to try the unit I have been planning, but I think the students I have been working with will not go too far. Anyway, I have been working on and off for months on a war and art unit. I would like the students to study contemporary artists that are making artwork commenting on war. Does anyone have any suggestions on artist and links? I have found LOTS of info on WWI and WWII propoganda, and I know about Kollwitz, Goya, Guernica, and have had a lot of luck finding 9/11 artwork etc.. but I would like to include something about what is going on now in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Does anyone have an artist/link or two that they would like to share?

I have a couple that I am thrilled with that I have included.

Thanks so much in advance.

Seaford, Delaware