Re: [teacherartexchange] Erasing/prohibiting student art long post

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 15:14:06 PDT

With regard to the editing of school inappropriate art work, I just saw the gold $10,000 portfolio winners for Scholastic, and one girl did 8 fashion designs-the most notable was a blue sheath with some sprayed on shadows and then embroidered nipples and pubic hair. Pretty eye catching. Many of the teachers in the room (NAEA) commented that it didn't seem fair that public schools can't compete with such work done in private and art centered schools.

-*Scanned by ECSD GWAVA*-