Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Erasing/prohibiting student art long post

From: Jane (jpawlow2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 13:06:50 PDT

I like your philosophy. I encourage 'school appropriate subject matter' in
my student's work. I never thought to offer the students the opportunity to
have total freedom, but no grade. I also allow the advanced students a lot
of latitude, especially when they are preparing for the AP. It is a
college-level course and I treat it as such.

Overall students just have to know where/when things are appropriate. In a
private sketchbook they should be able to express themselves. It is hard
being a teen and being bombarded with so much from the media that they do
need a place to help sort things out. But, just as inappropriate language is
not tolerated in the school, inappropriate subject matter i.e. drugs,
weapons, alcohol has to be addressed.

To unsubscribe go to