[teacherartexchange] REALLY! Elephant paints self-portrait

---------

From: Juli Fraher (fraherjul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2008 - 10:36:45 PDT

You never see the trainers of the elephants so I think they are cueing
them in some way or have gone over it many times. It is a good
springboard for my 6th grade discussions on whether animals are artists.
We always have lively discussions on that topic.

Juli Fraher
Pontiac Junior High School
600 Morrow St.
Pontiac, IL 61764
"Art teaches nothing except the significance of life." -Henry Miller