RE: [teacherartexchange] Back from New Orleans

---------

From: Amy Broady (abroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 17:41:11 PDT

Back in Tennessee now, I have so much more energy than I did before the
convention! One of my 4th graders even mentioned in class this week that I
seemed "hyper"! I laughed--I felt hyper! I am so charged up on ideas and
enthusiasm and appreciation for my current teaching situation and the
opportunities I have had the privilege to pursue.

Woody's collagraph workshop was one of the highlights of my NAEA/New Orleans
experience. I actually did finish my printing plate (me--yes me!--who never
finishes anything in a workshop because I am so slow and tend to be more
productive when I am alone), and pulled two prints from it. Never got the
coat of white latex on my printing plate, but thanks to Woody's
encouragement, I just forged ahead without the latex "sealer" and it printed
just fine!

Woody's a fabulous teacher--I think everyone in his workshop was delighted
with what he taught, and satisfied with what they were able to accomplish in
such a short time (110 minutes!).

It was also a joy to meet Fran. :-)

I could go on and on, but family time is top priority. It was hard being
away for so long...the only downside to the NAEA convention experience.

Amy in TN
Still exhausted, but still exhilarated