[teacherartexchange] schools in Phoenix, AZ

---------

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 17:37:48 PDT

Hello,
I am thinking about moving to Phoenix and would like some advice. I've been teaching in Arkansas, but just got laid off in a RIF (which I recently found out stands for reduction in force, not reading is fundamental :) due to poor spending habits on the part of my district.

So, we are thinking about relocating to Phoenix, but I looked and it seems that they have about 30 different school districts. I am looking for a good district for my first grader before we decide where to buy or rent a house out there. Most of the ratings/reviews of schools I can find address only test scores and how much money the district has. But I teach at a poor school - 70% of the kids on free or reduced lunch, but it's a GOOD school with excellent teachers and my son currently attends one of the poorer elementary schools but they have small class sizes and excellent teachers. Can anyone help point me in the right direction as far the the school districts in Phoenix?

Thanks!

Chris in central Arkansas