[teacherartexchange] Integration Workshops

---------

From: Karen Argus (mcaulays_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 13:21:08 PDT

I'm a P-3 classroom teacher and have been asked to present some
workshops on the way that I integrate art, ICT and literacy.

I want to use the platform/forum to try to help teachers of primary
school aged children (4 year olds - 12 year olds) to understand that
they will receive greatly improved literacy results by incorporating the
arts into literacy experiences with their students. I plan to use the
material that my students have produced as samples and examples.

I love art. How do I convince my audience of 'I hate art' teachers that
this is easy and it is a great thing to be doing and that they will
receive results well beyond their expectations?

Karen
Queensland, Australia