Re: [teacherartexchange] Fire Restrictions

---------

rpopek_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Apr 29 2007 - 17:34:11 PDT

I get so annoyed at this! If your building has sprinklers then there is no reason not to hang stuff up.
I really don't see the logic behind this and my husband is a fire fighter. Schools are so well trained when it comes to fire. The kids are out of the building in under two minutes. The doors and lights are shut and off. The emergency doors all shut. With all the doors shut the fire will be contained to one area of the school with little chance for spreading. Especially since a lot of fire departments and schools are in the center of towns close to each other. Of course there are schools that don't have the latest and greatest but statistically who is most injured by fire? People in their homes! NOT hundreds of school children. In fact I don't think there has been a school fire that has ever caused the death of a child ever(But I could be wrong) and we have always hung paper and art and things from the ceiling for many many years.
Sorry my two ranting cents.
Renee