[teacherartexchange] outdoor art installation question

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 10:40:16 PDT

Hi, all. I recently did a huge project involving tiles that were
painted and glazed by students. We are wanting to use them on a
meditation trail. Each station on the trail will have a post that
will be covered by the tiles. The tiles will be subjected to the
elements.

I have a few questions:

1. What kind of adhesive would be best for this?
2. What kind of grout is best for outdoor use (or do I need it?)
3. Do I need to use some kind of sealant?
4. I live in West Virginia. The winter temps can get down to around
zero, but usually not for long. Winter temps still hover between 10*
F and 30* F during the really cold periods. Should we design the
pieces to be removable during the winter, or should they be OK
outdoors during bad weather?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Becky
Charleston WV