[teacherartexchange] new string: monoculturalism in the art classroom

---------

From: aaron schnittman (aaronschnittman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 13:20:30 PDT

I am writing a short paper on the benefits of teaching personal
cultural lessons BEFORE teaching world cultures/multiculturalism in
the art classroom.

I am looking for papers, opinions, links, ideas, articles and
publications relating to the idea that we should try to get kids to
understand THEIR roots before we expose them to someone else's roots.

You teach about the squirrels outside the window before teaching about
penguins, right? Unless you teach in Argentina.

Thank you for your advice and continuing this string.

Aaron Schnittman