[teacherartexchange] kiln exhaust

---------

From: MERRILEE GLADKOSKY (gladrag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 06:09:12 PDT

Speaking from experience, be sure to include a kiln
vent with your order.
It carries any exhausts outside and while some people
think it is not necessary, I am one who believes it
should be mandatory for all school kilns.

I grew up in a household where there was a ceramic
studio. I also recommend that you make sure you are
buying clays and glazes that are completely safe for
children to use and that you also keep it simple while
you are beginning. I don't mean to talk down,
here....I know you would do all of that anyway, but I
have learned that health issues first in this day and
age is the only way to go.
Merrilee in CT