[teacherartexchange] Expressionism in Clay - Artist to share

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 17:04:33 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

A few weeks ago, Mark Daniels shared Marvin Bartel's lesson with Art
Education list.
Expressionism in Clay:
http://www.goshen.edu/%7Emarvinpb/lessons/express.html
Students make textured slabs.... then form them into vessels, etc.
Students are NOT shown any examples for this lesson.

AFTER the art making, you could share the work of Tom Abel.
http://www.crackedclay.com/default.asp
As soon as I looked at his site, I thought of Marvin's lesson.

I have sent email requesting permission for you to show images of his
work via PowerPoint.

Mark Daniels has done Marvin's lesson with middle school and high
school. Maybe some finished examples to come?

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/