Re:[teacherartexchange] egyptian projects

---------

From: Kelda Van Patten (kelda.anne_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2007 - 19:04:38 PDT

The following is an article on multicultural art education that I
thought some of you might be interested in. It's important to teach
these units, but I try to be careful about taking things out of
context so as not to be disrespectful, especially when the project is
inspired by what was once a spiritual/religious ritual. I also try to
make sure to include contemporary artists from these cultures as well,
so as not to reinforce stereotypes, etc.Here's the article:
http://teach4.securesites.net/equity_practices/kathy_williams.htm