Re: [teacherartexchange] watercolors - dry pan vs. semi-moist

---------

From: makul9 (makul9_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2007 - 19:12:38 PDT

I have found that the problem comes with using the same sets for more than
about 2 classes in a day - without enough time for the sets to really dry
out in-between classes. I found that the paint becomes very soft (and
liquid) by the end of the day and the kids in the later classes load way too
much paint on their brushes (despite my best efforts at cautioning against
this) - thus they often loose the transparent quality of the paint or they
simply wash it into the water containers.... AND waste huge amounts of
paint.
Perhaps you can stagger the usage of the sets so they have more time to dry
out? I have been purchasing Prang oval 16's for many years for my district
and they do last a long time with this method... The initial investment in
more sets will be worth it over time.
Mary
in MN